Chiropractic care is a drug-free, non-invasive way of treating musculoskeletal injuries. Physical injury is a common occurrence among athletes, and chiropractic care can naturally and effectively treat sports injuries. Chiropractic care is also essential to uninjured athletes, as it helps improve flexibility and muscular strength.
Our chiropractor for athletes at Bafford Spine and Nutrition in Newark, OH is trained to treat injured athletes and help them realize their goals.
Common Health Issues Athletes Experience
Most athletes suffer from the same types of health issues because of the physical strain their bodies endure, which include:
- Oxidative stress
- Decreased immunity
- Overuse injuries
- Chronic inflammation
- Muscle soreness
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Athletes
Chiropractic care has a number of benefits for athletes, such as:
- Understanding the source and extent of the injury: Most athletes continue participating in sports despite minor injuries. Even a simple sprain could indicate a more serious problem that needs to be identified and treated. Our chiropractor is trained to trace the source of an injury and evaluate its severity, which allows us to recommend an appropriate treatment plan.
- Reducing your recovery period: Chiropractic care ensures that all muscles and bones are in their proper places with sufficient space for proper blood flow. Thus, the body can perform its natural functions satisfactorily and is able to heal itself quickly. As an athlete, your schedule may be strict. Therefore, a shorter recovery time will make it easier to get back on track after a sports injury.
- Preventing potential injuries: A visit to our sports chiropractor even when you are not injured helps avoid future injuries. As an athlete, this can help save a lot of time and distress that goes into dealing with injuries.
- Improving physical performance: Regular chiropractic care will increase your flexibility and decrease muscle stiffness. Your improved range of motion will reduce your reaction time when participating in sports, thus improving your athleticism.
- It is non-invasive and drug-free: Chiropractic care is termed as non-invasive, because after treatment, you can go back to participating in sports, unlike surgery, where you first have to recover. Chiropractic treatment is also drug-free, thus eliminating the possibility of addiction and providing a more effective way of reducing pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Sports Chiropractor
If you are suffering from a sports injury or would like to improve your athletic performance, we can help. Our highly-trained chiropractor at Bafford Spine and Nutrition in Newark, OH will give you specialized care using natural techniques. Ensuring that your body is healthy will allow your athletic abilities to improve. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, call us today.